Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's a small world after all

The past two weeks have been very interesting and exciting, so allow me to enumerate the series of events.

The weekend of June 1st, due to unfortunate circumstances, Laura was down in Nova Scotia. This surprise visit allowed us to see her and Aiden, and what a sweet boy he is. He is starting to look around lots and be curious; can't wait to see him smile. Maybe in two more weeks when Jon and I are in Calgary. Well, while Laura was down, herself, my mom and me went to Waves Seafood and Grill for some fish and chips. While eating, a young professional couple walked by and ohh-ed and ahh-ed over Aiden. She was clearly expecting herself and seeing Aiden was a glimpse into their soon-to-be-life.

This same weekend, I had three interviews for permanent teaching jobs. All of them went well; it was then just the waiting game to see if I got one of them. One interview I had was at Park View Education Center for an immersion position. I really wanted this one, so there was tons of prays from everyone. Last weekend went slowly by until Friday when I heard from Park View saying I was the successful candidate. Yeah!!! So I know am a permenant teacher and well...I am very happy.

This past weekend we had serveral fun parties. Tom, Paula, and Julianna came for supper Friday. Toni spent the weekend at our house while my mom was away. Saturday we went to a Bryden birthday party for Steve, Amy and Amanda. Then on Sunday I got to go to a baby shower for one of Paula's cousin's wife.

When I arrived, I told Paula about the couple at Waves and how cute they were, and low and behold, guess who the expecting mother was: the lady from Waves. What a small world! Also, the principal that hired me, his wife was there. What a small world!

So a great two and half weeks. Laura, it was really fun to see you, your sister and the babies. Jon and I can't wait to see you and Denis in only two weeks!!! about ;-)

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Steven Perron said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Steven Perron said...

A small world? You ran into someone in Bridgewater who is indirectly related to you. That is fairly common.

Later,
Steven Perron

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Babsi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Babsi said...

Hi Nathalie! Congratulations on your permanent job - you must be very SO excited! Who knows, maybe you will have an office next to my sister's (Sylvia Kluge). All the best, and a hello to Jonathan! :)

Barbara Kluge

 

Post a Comment

<< Home