Thursday, October 05, 2006

It really hit home and other news

Well, what an interesting week here at school. Some of you may have been listening to CBC and heard of a threat posed by a student at a school on the South Shore. Well...it was my school. A student this week, at the smoking pit, mentioned something about bring a gun to school and killing people. To stifle any rumours, there was no gun at school and there was no official list. The student was arrested right away and he is in jail right now, awaiting his trial. He has pleaded guilty to one charge involving the school and 9 others not.

The scary thing is that I teach this student, and though we never had an problems, I am not sure that would have stopped him from potentially opening fire in my classroom. What would I do? We now keep our doors locked and have had to train the students to deal with such situations if they arise.

You hear about the shootings on the radio and tv: Montreal CEGEP, Amish school in the States...but it is quite un-nerving when it hits home. Thank goodness a student spoke up and the situation was dealt with. I will not dwell on the what-ifs, but still....

In other news which is a little more up beat, Jon and I will be moving into our house this week. Yeah!!! And this weekend also starts the weekend of parties. October is going to be crazy but fun.

And finally before I go, I need to make one more public thank to my brothers. Some odd reason, I totally take them forgranted and all that they did for me during the week of the wedding. They organzied sound systems and fixed stuff, they really so much behind the scene things. And also...they were the best MCs I could have asked for. They were funny and effcient. Thank you, Denis and Steven. Could have done it with out you!

Well, have a great weekend!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger The Kohlers said...

Good post, Nat- I didn't know that was your school- how crazy. So glad everything's OK- but I know what you mean about it being totally freaky. Also- congrats on moving in!! You've been looking forward to this and prepping for so long! Enjoy it. Tell Jon I said hi, and keep trustin' the Lord-
much love,
dee><>:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home