Thursday, August 03, 2006

Finally Recovered from the Weekend

Well, Jonathan and I had an eventful weekend with a birthday party, the exhibition, and tubing down the LaHave River. Unfortunately, I have no pictures this time. Jon and I really need to get our own camera soon!

First off...Josh, Jon's brother, had his 22 birthday. There was a nice supper hosted by Paula (Jon's mama), and lots of good times. Josh & Felisha, Andy & Anna, Micah, Luke Miller, the Howitt brothers, and the family were all there. And I have to mention the awesome cakes that Felisha made!!! Ummm!

Then off to the big Ex. Jon, myself, the Howitt guys, and Toni all went. There were the crazy rides, which I can no longer handle. Seeing both Jon and myself are not fans of the crazier rides, we went on the Ferris Wheel to not kiss at the top. ;-) And there was the cotton candy and the candy apple. And, this year, we added the horse pulls.

But I have to say the the best...umm..no, no...the worst/scariest part of the weekend was tubing on Sunday. So the situation: there was a miscount tubes, so Jon and I decided to share the biggest tube. Also, the River is the fastest it has been in a few years, so there are a lot of rapids. Normally the rapids wouldn't such a big deal, but with the combination of the tube, me & Jon on it together, and the fast water...well, there was a bit of an accident. The rapids flipped Jon and I off the tube into the water a few times. For the sake of my mother...I will only tell you about the last time. We flipped and under we went. Jon went to grab me but I pushed away as I wasn't hanging on to the tube. He is yelling that it will be okay, to float, and other words of encouragement. as we both try to avoid the large rocks. He bumped into one and hurt his leg....I managed to slide over several shape ones on my back. Once we got a hold of each other, he tried to get me back on the tube and out of the rough water. We finally managed by getting a grip on a large rock. So, Jon missed work on Monday, but is doing good now. I have some bruising on my arms and legs and my back has some cuts, scrapes and bruises; however, all is healing well. The incident only made me love Jon all the more as he took lead and protected me.

So there is the late up-date of the weekend. This week so far...building permit in...mini-home arriving on August 15...cutting trees again. So not overly exciting.

Nathalie

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nathalie! I hope you guys are back to 100% after your "adventure" tubing. Yikes. Tyler and I were at the Big Ex this weekend, too! Too bad we didn't see you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home