Thursday, October 19, 2006

Carving Pumpkins

Jon and I decided that we would go back to our childhood traditions and carve pumpkins this Halloween. I have actually never done it before, but I found it fun. There is this moment, however, when you first get the pumpkin in front of you that you feel artistic doubt. What should I draw? How should I make the eyes? Once it is carved there is no going back. But we managed and here are the results. I borrowed my parents' camera.



Here is Jon's pumpkin. He did such a good job!















Here is mine. Not bad for the first try.













And here is a picture I found of my mom's birthday. We had her over for cake at our new house before it was fully done. It is an upside-down pineapple cake. A little sweet but good.



Till after the weekend!

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger The Kohlers said...

Hey- great carving- it's not easy to carve the pumpkin!! You guys are both lookin' good in that last pic! Happy BDay to your mama!
dee><>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home